Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Reporting to the Head of Remarketing, Rivian is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst. This role will be responsible for the in-depth data analysis of Rivian brand vehicles, depreciation curves and residual value modeling. Additionally, this role will be responsible for interpreting data of off brand trade-in vehicles and summarizing and reporting performance to Senior Management. This role is expected to have a deep understanding of residual values, depreciation curves and an expertise of the auto market. Summarizing complex data and making recommendations on pricing, depreciation and forecasting to Senior Management will be a daily activity in this job. The ideal candidate has experience working in automotive/tech, is comfortable with a fast-paced work environment and has an expertise and passion for electric vehicles. The Remarketing Department needs team members dedicated to growing into a world-class operation!
- Read and interpret data, summarizing for Senior Management.
- Thrive in difficult, complex and ambiguous situations; uses a mix of prior experience and natural curiosity to build unique solutions to some of the toughest problems in automotive
- Possess both strong and professional communication capabilities
- Build depreciation forecast models for Rivian vehicles
- Build and establish trade-in valuation model for Rivian branded vehicles
- Fully understand and make data driven recommendations for Senior and Executive level leadership on residual values for Rivian vehicles.
- Work collaboratively with third party data partners
- Utilize functional and technical experts to get a holistic view of initiatives and strategy; goes the extra mile to ensure all decisions and planning is complete with teams and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships across the organization; make yourself available to assist others with their initiatives and companywide goals
- Be an agent of change that owns effective communication of company messages; ensures that the entire team is kept informed of the vision of our business
- Previous OEM Remarketing experience working with residual vehicle values
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience analyzing complex reports and data sets
- Prior experience with EV and Auto Ecommerce a plus
- Exert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, large and dynamic data sets, Pivot Tables
- SQL Experience
- Proficiency to speak effectively with Senior & Executive Leadership
- BA/BS degree in business or quantitative related field: Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, Biology, Computer Science etc. required
- MBA is not required but is a plus
- Readiness to climb (literal & figurative) mountains to deliver the best trade-in experience on the planet
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.