Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work with engineering teams to design robust cloud-based architectures and redundant, fault tolerant solutions utilizing practices around CI/CD, blue-green deployments, canary testing, and traffic management.
- Define non-functional requirements (NFRs) for engineering teams around security, logging, monitoring, alerting, configuration, and testing and work with those teams in their implementations of apps and services
- Develop runbooks and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for each service and application to ensure DevOps and SRE teams can detect incidents or issues before customers are impacted and act quickly to restore impacted services
- Define practices and procedures around postmortems and root cause analysis to ensure service quality and maintainability KPIs are improving and downtime and service interruption are negligible.
- work collaboratively with various stake holders to provide team-based solutions, creating a culture of inclusion and diversity of skillsets.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and define and implement on-call practices and procedures.
- 5+ years in a technical role in Site Reliability, Operations, Systems Administration, or Cloud Infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience being responsible for the uptime and reliability of customer facing web or mobile applications and critical services
- 5+ years of experience maintaining and administration large scale Linux based environments with best practices for security and automation
- 3+ years implementing and maintain monitoring and alerting systems, creating service level indicators (SLIs), service level objectives (SLOs), and focusing on systems in that self-heal or alert teams to take action before system downtime.
- 3+ years designing and operating fault tolerant systems, with zero to no downtime.
- Experience providing and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or internal data center solutions based on VSphere, Openstak ect
- Knowledge of network architectures, security, and troubleshooting of connectivity or latency issues.
- Comfortable managing several thousand node deployments and the automation it takes to ensure system uptime and redundancy.
- Experience with Docker, K8S and Longhorn is a plus
- Proficiency in writing automation scripts and tools using bash/python/awk ect.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems or equivalent work experience.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.