Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Coordinate with Outbound Logistics, Delivery and Mobile Operations, Vehicle Operations, and Service to maximize vehicle uptime, optimize routing, manage cost per vehicle move, while ensuring Rivian meets quality, customer satisfaction, and safety goals.
- Collaborate closely with Site Managers to make data-driven adjustments to business plans
- Collaborate with Planning to keep the fleet right sized to meet demand while decommissioning vehicles for obsolescence
- Create the weekly and daily schedules of Rivian’s internal operating vehicles to ensure on-time, in-full arrival
- Create site schedules for all concierge activities to optimize business needs based on plan
- Identify reservation conflicts related to fleet requests and escalate for resolution as needed
- Translate new and existing operations processes into resource requirements that can be scheduled to maximize overall reliability and productivity
- Provide key inputs to analyses to identify cost reduction opportunities while optimizing vehicle availability
- Contribute to the creation of best practices across the Rivian Fleet organization.
- Support best practices across the Rivian Fleet organization including but not limited to vehicle charging, inspection, repair, and transport
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience (e.g. fleet management, resource planning)
- Bachelor’s required, Master’s is a bonus
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a culture of rapid change
- Ability to gain trust and communicate constructively with stakeholders across the organization to resolve complicated issues
- Ability to develop and interpret business intelligence/data to drive execution and decision-making
- Bias towards first principles thinking and utilizing data to form hypotheses and synthesize findings to generate recommendations is a requirement
- Experience working within a Fleet Management System and Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Experience working with manpower scheduling tools
- Hands-on experience working with Oracle and SAP is a plus
- Creative problem-solving skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.