Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Sr. Quality Engineer is responsible for the generation of a strategic plan to improve the business processes and increase production output. Duties include creating the company's quality standards and testing systems to reflect efficiency, reliability, and performance. Quality engineers are also responsible for the creation of documentation that reports issues and errors relating to the production process with efforts placed to find a solution.
• Develop inspection methods to analyze product and process quality.
• Improve product/process quality by defining/implementing recommendations for change.
• Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products/process.
• Ensure products/process adhere to company and industry quality standards.
• Brainstorm and drive ideas to create solutions for identified problems.
• Monitor and steer systematic problems through operations system (Rivian Concern System).
• Formulate a strategic plan to increase productivity in the business.
• Document results and findings after inspections are carried out.
• Implement a working system to ensure conformity and accuracy in the production process.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Experience with Supplier Quality Systems Audits, Control Plans, PPM’s monthly tracking, PPAP.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Engineering, Quality, Business, or Technical Bachelor-Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment. High proficiency in computer technology and systems operations.
• APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) experience.
• 8D or similar method problem solving experience.
• Manufacturing/assembly process experience.
• High proficiency with DFMEA, PFMEA, and control plans.
• Metrology equipment knowledge.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Statistical process control / control charts.
• Good electronic communication software skills (MS Office, Minitab, email, etc.).
• 6 Sigma greenbelt or blackbelt desired.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.