Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is seeking an experienced Software security Analyst to join software security team. This position will be responsible for supporting various software security programs to maintain secure software development standard and practices. This position will work closely with the engineering teams to build, mature Rivian S-SDLC process and integration of tools into CI/CD pipeline. Successful candidate will be responsible for security automation and security analysis to ensure Rivian provide robust and reliable software.
Responsible for supporting the multitude of ongoing technical projects within, including:
- Contribute on implementing security tools into development pipeline.
- Work with engineering teams to enforce secure development standards and policies.
- Contribute to software security programs and help the development engineers to use and adopt security tools.
- Configure and utilize SAST, DAST and other security tools to identify security vulnerabilities.
- Prioritize, communicate and track the security issues with the engineering team.
- Develop automation scripts to integrate cybersecurity technologies and minimize manual processes.
- Provide guidance in the interpretation of Secure software development lifecycle process as well as the governance of security standards with engineering teams.
- Support cybersecurity engineers with the development of security requirements and evaluation of new security technologies
- Maintain a professional working relationship with the other departments through clear communication.
- 4+ year(s) related cybersecurity or software development experience
- Experience with scripting languages including python, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience with Continuous integration / Continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline
- Experience with configuration, customization, tuning, and integration of software security tools (i.e. SAST, DAST) within the DevOps pipeline
- Experience creating and operationalizing Dev-SecOps playbooks
- Experience with automating related processes, security checks, tests, etc.
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think critically and explore new creative solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Continual review and education on emerging trends and threats to enhance tooling and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Loves what s/he does
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.