Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for an experienced system admin who can maintain and improve current production and dev/test Windows systems deployed across multiple datacenters, both on-premise and in the cloud.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for designing, configuring, and maintaining Windows Server management platform.
- Establish standard and custom images for all Windows Server needs
- Work independently, and as part of a team, performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex Windows-based systems.
- Performs all duties of Windows Server administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Improve the current architecture to improve efficiency
- Apply higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution
- Work on Bare metal server of GPU rack and mount them in the server racks.
- Install new software, modules, or configuration changes from centralized management system
- Create scripts to automate administration tasks or support installed applications.
- Develop and maintain any necessary Active Directory Group Policies, standards, and procedures for hardware and software
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
- Collaborate with members of the information security, network, and cloud teams to ensure images and support model meet user requirements and align with the overall IT technology portfolio, processes, and procedures
- Document standards and provide on-going training to more junior members of the teams
- Formulate packages for software distribution and patching
- Lead testing practices to ensure software updates don’t negatively impact key business applications or user experience.
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 8-10 years in a Systems Engineer or Systems Admin role, where you learned the nuances of IT Administration
- Experience with: ConfigMgr (SCCM), Active Directory, Windows Upgrades, Group Policy, Application and Desktop Virtualization (VDIs), Windows/OS Migration/Upgrades, Office365 Suite Support, Level 3 escalation support, DNS, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, wired and wireless networking
- Expertise in complex software configuration for standard and specialized software
- Strong experience with VMware ESXi planning, deployment, configuration, and administration of host systems and virtual machines
- Experience with NAS and SAN storage systems
- 4 to 6 years of scripting experience such as Python, Powershell, or other automation tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar is required
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate them effectively to other team members
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete in times of low tickets
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: IT Platform Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA and Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.