Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our self-driving group and support our systems team. You will work with highly talented leads and engineers to manage the team’s scope, schedule and dependencies. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator with prior experience as a systems engineer or feature owner for ADAS/AD features.
- Drive the formulation and review of department roadmaps and objectives.
- Create and execute work streams for Agile development teams based on program needs.
- Collaborate with systems engineers and feature owners in driving Rivian’s features through complete lifecycle.
- Support the team developing System-level requirements, interface specifications, architecture and design documents.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders like Feature owners, software, hardware, vehicle test and other partners in identifying team’s dependencies and effectively removing bottlenecks.
- Anticipate and identify risks, develop actionable mitigation strategies that sets up the team for success.
- Provide strong leadership by reframing problems when the team is faced with ambiguity, obstacles/deadlocks and steer them towards solving prioritized problems.
- Expertly manage stakeholder expectations for both technical and non-technical issues, when the team encounters challenging issues or obstacles.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical engineering or other related technical field with 5+ years relevant experience.
- 3+ years of recent Program/Project Management experience driving the planning and execution of complex projects.
- Experienced with agile processes and running scrum meetings.
- Experience engaging, working and managing the output of contractors.
- Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills.
- Working knowledge of various sensor technologies including camera, RADAR, LIDAR, ultrasonic, and vehicle state sensors
- Support hardware and software integration activities, including participation in network definition, trade studies, and development testing
- Knowledge of automotive standards (e.g. ISO26262) and functional safety topics, including functional safety requirements, DFMEA, and FTA
- Experience with automotive communication and diagnostics protocols (e.g. Automotive Ethernet, CAN, UDS)
- Experience in rapidly growing businesses that have expanded globally.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.