Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to support our Systems and Integration teams. You will work with highly talented leads and engineers to manage the team’s scope, schedule and dependencies. You will collaborate with the Systems Engineering team from feature definition through integration and the handoff to the validation team. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator with prior experience related to ADAS/AD features.
- Drive the formulation and review of department roadmaps and objectives
- Create and execute work streams for agile development teams based on program needs
- Collaborate with engineers and feature owners in driving Rivian’s features through complete lifecycle
- Support the team developing requirements, interface specifications, architecture and design documents
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders like feature owners, software, hardware, vehicle test and other partners in identifying team’s dependencies and effectively removing bottlenecks
- Anticipate and identify risks, develop actionable mitigation strategies that set up the team for success
- Provide strong leadership by reframing problems when the team is faced with ambiguity, obstacles/deadlocks and steer them towards solving prioritized problems
- Expertly manage stakeholder expectations for both technical and non-technical issues, when the team encounters challenging issues or obstacles
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related technical field with 7+ years relevant experience
- 5+ years of recent Program/Project Management experience driving the planning and execution of complex software projects
- Support hardware and software integration activities, including participation in network definition, trade studies, and development testing
- Experience managing scope and requirements of projects with Jama and JIRA or similar tools
- Experienced with agile processes and running scrum meetings
- Experience scheduling and coordinating activities and resources supporting hardware/software/vehicle integration and regression testing
- Proven track record with software development project planning, progress tracking, and risk management
- Knowledgeable with formulation of end-to-end feature development road maps and sprint planning
- Understanding of hardware/software bring-up of distributed systems, managing project dependencies, and negotiating parallel activities to optimize project execution
- Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills
- Experience managing projects related to ADAS/AD
- Working knowledge of various sensor technologies including camera, RADAR, LIDAR, ultrasonic, and vehicle state sensors
- Knowledge of automotive standards (e.g. ISO26262) and functional safety topics
- Experience in rapidly growing businesses that have expanded globally
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.