Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our self-driving group and support our simulation and testing teams. You will work with highly talented leads and engineers to manage the team’s scope, schedule and dependencies. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator with prior experience as a software QA engineer, HIL / SIL engineer or software developer.
- Drive the formulation and review of department roadmaps and objectives.
- Create and execute work streams for Agile development teams based on program needs.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders like software, hardware, vehicle test and other partners in identifying team’s dependencies and effectively removing bottlenecks.
- Anticipate and identify risks, develop actionable mitigation strategies that sets up the team for success.
- Provide strong leadership by reframing problems when the team is faced with ambiguity, obstacles/deadlocks and steer them towards solving prioritized problems.
- Expertly manage stakeholder expectations for both technical and non-technical issues, when the team encounters challenging issues or obstacles.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, Electrical engineering or other related technical field with 5+ years experience in a similar or related role.
- Previous experience as a software QA engineer, HIL engineer, SIL engineer or software developer.
- 3+ years of recent Program/Project Management experience driving the planning and execution of complex projects.
- Experienced with agile processes and running scrum meetings.
- Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills.
- Experience with various sensor modalities including lidar, camera and radar.
- Understanding of hardware modules and systems, system identification and sensor/actuators simulation.
- Familiarity with embedded systems.
- Experience in rapidly growing businesses that have expanded globally.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.