Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is growing at a rapid pace, and we are creating an enormous amount of value every day in through our Product Development. We are looking for a Director, Product Development Systems PMO to develop a strategy that integrates our enterprise tools with our in house developed toolset, and own the overall business process roadmap to support the rapidly growing product development organization.
Our ideal candidate has experience developing business processes and implementing enterprise IT tools for engineering organizations, inclusive of CAD, Simulation, Failure mode, PLM, issue management, change management, and program management tools. This individual will also have excellent collaboration, planning, and communication skills to raise the bar for our tool development and roll out. In addition to the experience, the ideal candidate has an enthusiasm and demonstrated curiosity for enabling product development through the right tools.
- Partner with the engineering leadership to identify critical needs and develop a strategic plan with IT to solve those needs with a combination of enterprise tools and in house developed tools.
- Work within the Product Development Systems leadership team to create a tool development and business process development roadmap to achieve the strategic plan.
- Partner closely with IT on solution development, implementation and roll out of new systems and processes for some internally developed systems, as well as third party systems.
- Identify key skillsets within the team to ensure rapid development of key systems to scale as the business scales rapidly.
- Manage business processes and continued evolution of over 50 different engineering software toolsets.
- Champion process improvement and automation throughout the product development organization with heavy emphasis on data and analytics.
- 15+ years of experience in Engineering, Product Development, or manufacturing with a minimum of 3 years of process and tool development.
- 8+ years of experience in related digital responsibilities such as software engineering, product management, or program management
- Experience leading and growing a technical team in a rapidly changing environment.
- BS or MS Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical field
- Ability to form, challenge, and communicate strong points of view on how companies should manage consumer data privacy
- Leadership skills to manage change, influence stakeholders, communicate status and direction, and solve seemingly intractable problems
- Strategic thinker with a customer-centric mindset and approach
- Preferred experience in Dassault Suite
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.