Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are seeking a proven leader to help us scale the future of EV test drives & deliveries. The Delivery and Mobile Operations Manager will own the offsite mobile operations including planning, scheduling, hiring, training, and coordinating with other cross-functional managers to meet customer needs. You will drive optimization and efficiency through data, and process refinement. You will need to possess strong communication skills and have a proven track record of leading teams through engagement. You are ready to climb (literal & figurative) mountains to deliver the best e-commerce experience on the planet.
- Responsible for overall performance of location and market delivering on financial, operational and customer experience KPIs
- Responsible for demonstrating a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way. Cultivate a customer-centric and engaged team
- Complete all tasks and skilled work that Delivery Operations fulfills; will jump in and be “hands on” to support completion of work and meet targets
- Effectively plan by using reporting and forecasting to set and adjust schedules and pivot resources as needed to meet customer demand
- Provide training and development to associates; develop and promote talent through effective and timely feedback and consistent performance reviews
- Enforce high standards in process execution through daily business reviews, observations, and feedback
- Organize work of others and collaborates with other teams to create SOPs and workflow documentation to support organizational goals
- Identify, refine and develop team goals and KPIs; analyze data and reports to make sound decisions
- Enforce high fidelity in document execution to prevent errors and safeguard revenue
- Work with senior leadership on process creation and strategy as targets and volume scale with business growth
- Implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation
- Create and manage multiple schedules
- Communicates priorities to Delivery Operations group, external teams, and senior leadership
- A collaborator who develops and maintains relationships across the organization
- Be a “how” thinker with a customer centric mentality
- Be an agent of change that owns effective communication of company messages; ensures that the entire team is kept informed of the vision of our business
- Organize and prioritize work effectively for themselves and others
- 4-5 years of Operations Management and team leadership experience in a multi-unit environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience with EV and Auto Ecommerce a plus
- Knowledge in managing DOT regulated workforce a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 75% of the time)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain and pass DOT/driver qualification packet including drug screening and medical exam; possess an exceptional driving record
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Ability to complete driver training/car-hauling training and a road test within the first 30 days of employment
- Ability to support customers on nights and weekends; work a flexible schedule; overnight travel may be requested
- Experience analyzing reports and creating action plans based on data
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite to create spreadsheets, documents and presentations
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.