Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this role, the PCB Design Manager will support PCB (Printed Circuit Board) layout design for current and next generation of Rivian electric vehicles.
This role will provide opportunity to lead the PCB design team to drive innovation and improve package designs by solving challenges of space constraints while making performance tradeoffs.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead and manage all activities related to PCB design engineering, including managing a small team of PCB layout engineers
- Work with senior leadership to develop Hardware team's long term PCB design engineering roadmap and performance standards
- Design and implement high speed and mixed signal PCB layout designs to automotive standards. Drive and own PCB designs for ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems), BMS (Battery Management Systems), Body systems, and Infotainment Systems. These systems will include HDI (High density interconnect) design practices, high speed (DDR4, PCIE, CSI, LVDS), HV, and mixed signal design. Build and maintain our component library and be responsible for its integrity
- Improve and optimize durability and performance for automotive designs. Work with our contract manufacturer to develop our design rules for manufacturing and taking in implementing DFM feedback, to ensure our designs are manufacturable and manufactured to a high standard
- Contribute to overall process and workflow development between engineering and design. You will be responsible for configuring our ECAD tool to make sure it flows into the overall Rivian design and release process.
- Think holistically. Understand impact of your plan or decision to program and customers. Deep dive into technical issues to drive data driven decisions
This is what you’ll need:
- At least Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in PCB Layout design
- Minimum 3 years managing a high performance team of PCB layout engineers
- Experience with Orcad and Altium Designer tools
- High Density (HDI), DDR4/PCIe, signal and power integrity design experience
- Full life cycle development from layout to manufacturing
- Experience working in a high-speed environment with short development times.
- Experience defining and developing processes related to PCB design.
- Up to date on the latest manufacturing techniques
- Demonstrated strong creative thinking and problem-solving toolbox
- Understanding of automotive requirements
- Mixed background preferred
- End-to-end product design/development from prototyping to mass production experience
- Have a fine eye for detail, yet the ability to ‘zoom out’ and see the big picture
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.