Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this role, the PCB layout engineer will support PCB (Printed Circuit Board) layout design for current and next generation of Rivian electric vehicles.
This role will provide opportunity to be part of the design team to drive innovation and improve package designs by solving challenges of space constraints while making performance tradeoffs
This is what you’ll do:
- Design and implement high speed and mixed signal PCB layout designs to automotive standards. Drive and own PCB designs for ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems), BMS (Battery Management Systems), Body systems, and Infotainment Systems. These systems will include HDI (High density interconnect) design practices, high speed (DDR4, PCIE, CSI, LVDS), HV, and mixed signal design. Build and maintain our component library and be responsible for its integrity
- Improve and optimize durability and performance for automotive designs. Work with our contract manufacturer to develop our design rules for manufacturing and taking in implementing DFM feedback, to ensure our designs are manufacturable and manufactured to a high standard
- Contribute to overall process and workflow development between engineering and design. You will be responsible for configuring our ECAD tool to make sure it flows into the overall Rivian design and release process.
- Think holistically. Understand impact of your plan or decision to program and customers. Deep dive into technical issues to drive data driven decisions
This is what you’ll need:
- At least Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in PCB Layout design
- Experience with Orcad and Altium Designer tools
- High Density (HDI), DDR4/PCIe, signal and power integrity design experience
- Full life cycle development from layout to manufacturing
- Experience working in a high-speed environment with short development times.
- Experience defining and developing processes related to PCB design.
- Up to date on the latest manufacturing techniques
- Demonstrated strong creative thinking and problem-solving toolbox
- Understanding of automotive requirements
- Mixed background preferred
- End-to-end product design/development from prototyping to mass production experience
- Have a fine eye for detail, yet the ability to ‘zoom out’ and see the big picture
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.