Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
You will lead a group of researchers and developers whose primary focus is to build new advanced driver assist system products to support in-cabin monitoring.
- Maintain close collaboration with internal customers of various in-cabin sensing applications.
- Prioritizing and managing program demands and then cascade requirements into development workflows.
- Plan and oversee the execution of workflows so that they adhere to the overall program timing plan and schedule.
- Organize, attend, and participate in development scrums and stakeholder meetings.
- Provide updates on application development progress, risks, and completion through regular development sprints.
- Ensure software releases adhere to Rivian development standards and release processes, meeting software quality and performance requirements.
- interface with regulatory and homologation organization within Rivian to ensure product launches in various markets are successful.
- BS or MS in stem field.
- 5+ years of product development experience in technology (software or hardware).
- 3+ years of managing R&D activities of software and hardware product development.
- Experience in working through periods of rapid organization growth and scale.
- Experience leading software development scrums.
- Skills necessary for exemplary customer-facing communication and a track record of customer satisfaction.
- Experience managing the work and professional development of 3+ member team.
- Knowledge of automotive functional safety (ISO 26262).
- High level understanding of computer vision, machine learning, and ai trends in the industry.
- Successfully led the launch of a software technology product.
- Mastery of Atlassian products.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.