Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Solutions Engineer, Fleet Charging Solutions will be responsible for technical aspects of our fleet customer engagement. You will respond to customer technical questions, drive internal tool development, and ensure the best technical solution is provided for each customer. The role requires high levels of initiative, independent judgement, and indirect leadership capabilities.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Inform potential customers on the benefits of our charging solutions including driving presentations / demonstrations to support our sales team
- Analyze our fleet customers’ use cases and determine best application of Rivian’s charging and energy products to meet their specific charging needs
- Conduct site assessments (potential layout, on-site electrical and utility capacity, opportunities for on-site generation and storage, etc.), to identify the most suitable charging and energy solution for each customer and use case
- Act as a technical consultant to our product and engineering teams, bringing customer insights and feedback
- Understand the competitive landscape to help the sales team be successful
- Keep current on local, state, and national codes as they relate to installation of Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE)
- Respond to technical elements of RFPs and assist in the development / execution of customer contracts and other proposals
- Work with our internal teams to develop tools to drive efficiency into our processes
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering (Electrical or Civil), Construction, or related
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and understanding of EV charging technology
- Knowledge and understanding of distributed energy generation and on-site energy storage
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical systems
- Experience in technical sales preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the charging experience
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.