Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work across enterprise applications to help establish and execute project management
- Drive complex projects from concept to launch, articulating processes to help team succeed including not only managing risks but predicting them
- Coordinate with internal and external teams to develop project plans, goals, and milestones
- Track milestones, progress, dependencies, and issues closely while communicating effectively to leadership and stakeholders
- Facilitate working sessions to ensuring requirements are captured accurately and completely
- Help teams get to the project finish line collaboratively
- Raise the bar in the organization by being a role model in identifying issues, owning, and implementing improvements proactively
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously effectively managing prioritization of time, resource, and scope
- Institute effective program management processes, tools, and best practices to bring efficiency and support collaboration
- Act as an agile coach, working with stakeholders to help them understand agile methodology and ways of working
- Lead project or program reviews, leadership reviews and hiring efforts in the organization
- Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences
- Foster an environment of open communication with all stakeholders
- Promote and monitor compliance activities with audit and information policies
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 5+ years of project management experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is strongly desired
- Ability to zoom out and think far enough into the future
- Superior stakeholder management and communication skill
- Superior organizational skills
- Understanding of software development and architecture
- Experience working with and leading Agile teams
- Ability to keep things moving and see the big picture while ensuring near term execution
- Ability to achieve results under tough circumstances
- Ability to manages conflict situations effectively, with a win-win mindset
- Experience in cross functional collaboration
- Experience creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Curiosity to pursue continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
- Experience working with Atlassian products will be an advantage
- Scrum Master certification will be an advantage
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.