Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Supports and contributes to Rivian World Class Manufacturing programs and processes and safety
- Must be able to use lift devices, assembly tools.
- Contributes to the team in continuous improvement actions.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, delivery, cost, and employee morale.
- Contributes with problem solving for root causes related to quality.
- Ensures safety compliance and follow all rules.
- Ensure production targets are achieved.
- Follows written/documented processes, procedures, and activities.
- Ensure quality and operation systems are implemented and functioning per standards,
- Meets with team leads regularly to provide and obtain performance feedback. And plans according to team objectives.
- Facilitate open communication between team members.
- Actively promote teamwork and problem solving in a proactive work environment.
- Minimum 1-year experience with Paint Spot Repair preferred
- Automotive collision repair experience
- Ability to repair paint defects to final completion all facets of the process.
- Ability to use paint hand sprayers.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools (e.g. welder, soldering equipment, cutting torch, blocks, hammers, wrenches, sander, spray guns, etc.)
- Ability to do light touch up paint
- Ability to take from paint damage to full 100% completion ready to ship.
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s repair process
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to Learn
- Good Work Ethic
NOTE: This is a 2nd shift role, candidates must be open to working 2nd shift.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.