Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Senior Deep Learning Engineer – Frameworks, you will be a member of the Deep Learning team at Rivian, which develops advanced machine learning algorithms that directly impact safety and self-driving features of our category defining vehicles.
- Develop highly scalable and efficient frameworks for different aspects of DL model life cycle
- Design and deploy large scale systems for supervised and unsupervised model training paradigms.
- Understand and address the shortcoming of existing processes for MLOPs and contribute to multiple production data and ML pipelines.
- Collaborate with infrastructure teams to develop tooling and interfaces to support rapid benchmarking, analysis and optimization of our models, hyper-parameter tuning, and data visualization.
- MS. or Ph.D. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in training and deploying deep learning models for Computer Vision problems like object detection and segmentation.
- Strong Python programming background and working knowledge of at least one modern DL frameworks amongst PyTorch, Tensorflow, Caffe2 or MXNet.
- Experience with containerization and job management with Kubernetes
- Research and development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Large scale distributed training pipelines.
- Automating complex MLOps pipelines at regular release cadences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Be a good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a productization.
- Experience developing and deploying ML pipelines using GCP, Azure ML or AWS SageMaker.
- Prior experience in following industry standard MLOps and DevOps principles in an automotive / ADAS setting.
- Prior experience using convenience DL frameworks like PyTorch lightening or dl-catalyst.
- Familiarity with large scale AutoML pipelines for Neural Network Architectural Search and other training time model compression strategies.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.