Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Sr. Building Maintenance Manager will be responsible for maintaining all building infrastructure systems, preventative repair and maintenance strategy, and leading the maintenance team for office and lab facilities in North America.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to build a maintenance program from ground up and implement across multiple facilities. The Sr. Building Maintenance Manager will report directly to the Sr. Workplace Operations Manager overseeing the Workplace portfolio.
- Manage building infrastructure systems and related assets
- Develop strategy and implement a preventative and corrective maintenance and inspection programs
- Lead utility management and drive energy efficiency
- Respond to facility operation emergencies [power outage, thermal event, alarm activation, etc] and perform root cause analyses.
- Schedule and oversee maintenance teams or multiple facilities across North America.
- Establish relationships with all lab managers and have a deep understanding of their equipment and systems in order to provide an excellent workplace experience and customer support.
- Collaborate with the building infrastructure design team to create designs based off end user requirements
- Use data analysis to drive building systems strategy
- Present monthly maintenance reports and KPIs to Operations Leadership
- Manage budget and forecasting for all maintenance and repairs
- Partner with the Environmental Health and Safety team to ensure facilities are code compliant and technicians are trained and prepared to respond to emergencies.
- Train supervisors and technicians to provide onsite support
- Onboard and maintain vendor relationships
- Partner with our project teams to plan and execute projects and provide systems input
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 10+ years of facility maintenance
- Previous people management experience
- Expertise managing building management systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Proven superior attention to detail
- Customer service oriented
- Self-starter who is goal oriented, highly motivated and excels in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 30% of each month and up to 60% of the month
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.