Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Be the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) for:
- leading the system-level software development of DC charging product development programs
- developing and communicating project plans and schedules
- leading daily stand-up meetings with the software development team
- helping the software development team meet deliverables, and track progress
- maintaining program-level documentation and digital assets (i.e. program wiki)
- strategizing on team structure and in-house vs external development approaches
- Collaborate with:
- software and firmware engineers to ensure that software goals and schedules are synced
- cross-functional business teams to understand their goals and timelines
- the technical teams and product managers to define product requirements
- backend and app teams to deliver full-system functionality
- Report on and Escalate:
- weekly progress with respect to plan and schedule
- new program-level risks and unknowns
- key and gating decisions, so they can be made with expedience
- resourcing: identify where we are and aren’t adequately staffed to execute the program
- Core Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience in program management of complex IoT hardware/software systems
- a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering
- experience with Agile, SCRUM, or similar software development lifecycle processes
- a passion for making world-class products that impact customers in a positive way
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Mandarin language fluency, spoken and written
- experience with Jira, Confluence, and Jama
- experience disambiguating ambiguity – we’re a new team, making new products, with new processes
- General Skills:
- an excellent ability to work with and communicate across cross-functional teams
- excellent computer skills, especially with communication tools and program management tools
- be comfortable working in a fast moving, multi-threaded, environment
- excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.