Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Maintain the E-coat system to insure compliance to all Quality Management System and Environmental Management System standards and safety standards
- Conduct preventive maintenance on equipment
- Perform titrations and other measuring and testing
- Use PH meters, Conductivity meters, Gauge Thickness meters, and other measuring devises to check and evaluate the E-coat system
- Document and plot readings and findings in Statistical Process Control charts
- Evaluate control charts and make adjustments as required
- Communicate (electronically, oral, or written) with the E-coat Leader, other shift operators, and quality control personnel the current conditions of the line
- Trouble shoot mechanical and chemical problems
- Manage the wastewater operation of the E-coat system
- Maintain updated written and electronic records
- Travers the entire line during routine inspections
- Clean and maintain the work area
- Properly prepare chemical containers for shipment
- Change filters
- Remove product from the line as required
- Operate lift trucks as required
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Experience working in a lab environment (titration experience preferred)
- Can read and understand Work instructions.
- Can provide training to others as we bring on additional help.
- Understands FIFO principles of stock rotation and shelf life.
- Capable of working with other groups (quality, maintenance, engineering) to achieve the goals of Rivian.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.