Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Responsible for complying with all environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) guidelines as defined in Safe Operating Practices (SOP's), Safety Programs, and Conduct Protocols
- Unload incoming materials. Follow set operating procedures and S.O.P.'s. Monitor pumps and filters. Clean equipment
- Operate fork truck and/or pallet jack to unload incoming materials - totes and pails
- Reposition totes and pails under agitation
- Monitor and manage inventory levels of paint, and all other miscellaneous mix-room related materials (additives, reducing solvents...) Ensure adequate stock is on-site and ordered as needed
- Computer skills are needed to log data, analysis of data, and report writing
- Communications of issues-both internally to Management and BASF
- Maintain cleanliness inside and outside of Mix Room
- Viscosity, temperature, resistivity (solvent) testing
- Make adjustments to paint as needed
- Inspections and checks on pumps and filters
- System cleaning (ring pipes and tanks) when required
- Daily waste management and paint returns of internal hazardous waste storage - Be able to store, label, inventory, and secure hazardous waste in the proper containers.
- Facilitate lab testing for full analysis when required
- Handling of solvents
- Perform other duties as required
- High School Education with mechanical aptitude.
- Good basic math skills and analytical reasoning
- Perform other duties as required
- Can read and understand Work instructions.
- Can provide training to others as we bring on additional help.
- Understands FIFO principles of stock rotation and shelf life.
- Capable of working with other groups (quality, maintenance, engineering) to achieve the goals of Rivian.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.