Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work with engineers to determine fabrication process for projects
- Design and fabricate using a variety of different materials and shop equipment
- Critical thinking skills to devise solutions to new problems
- Work with Shop Manager to determine build schedule
- Ability to follow detailed drawings and execute tasks at a high level of detail and quality
- Where necessary, determine and document solutions on-the-fly
- Provide general maintenance on shop equipment
- Clean and organize to maintain overall shop cleanliness and organization
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to help others
- Perform occasional moderate lifting
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety practices
- Safety is number one priority
This is what you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in prototype environment
- Skilled in reading and interpreting technical drawings and blueprints
- Ability to solve problems quickly in a dynamic work environment with aggressive timelines
- Experienced in operating manual mills, lathes, drill presses, grinders, and other support equipment.
- Experience with arc welding and gas torch, preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done
- Works effectively with teams to solve problems and find solutions.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.