Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian’s Indirect Procurement team is looking for a Purchasing Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the service, delivery, energy, and charging teams. A successful candidate is familiar with basic purchasing and accounting fundamentals and capable of following thinking outside the box to meet a growing list of challenges.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Execute analytical, operational, and tactical buying work under the Purchasing Manager’s direction
- Interact with management and departmental stakeholders to meet project goals
- Partner and drive continuous improvement projects/initiatives
- Manage supplier relationships and lead negotiations to obtain more desirable purchase prices
- Perform detailed analysis of data to identify areas of opportunity for cost reductions
- Conduct spend analysis and market research to identify savings and efficiency opportunities
- Create and maintain dashboards to provide visibility to upper management on various topics and issues
- Identify potential suppliers which will improve the overall competitiveness of Rivian’s supply chain
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering preferred
- 3+ years of relevant Supply Chain or Purchasing Experience – service or energy experience preferred
- 1+ years experience with ERP systems and purchase order processing – Coupa preferred
- 1+ years experience performing/cost analysis in a procurement, purchasing environment
- 3+ years MS Office
- Masters Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or other related fields
- Able to work independently with little instruction and can adapt to change
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to details and deadlines
- Able to work well with others in a team environment
- Familiarity with Tableau is a plus
- Effective communication skills and customer service approach
- Action-oriented and solution-driven and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK: Palo Alto, CA or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.