Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Oversee target setting and competitive bench marking for fuel economy, performance, capability, and drivability.
- Perform fuel economy tests for global markets and have a strong understanding of Range and Efficiency calculations to drive economy label numbers.
- Manage documentation of test assets, software and calibration build levels, and keep track of hardware and software changes over time to ensure compliance with regulations and certifications.
- Monitor the status of global regulations as they are updated and research new market entry testing requirements, including vehicle requirements, test equipment, facilities, and procedures.
- Cross-functionally work with Vehicle Engineering, Vehicle Integration, hardware and software teams to ensure correlation of test results to real world expected behavior while achieving functional objectives.
- Support development of Battery Electric Vehicles and certification through the design of test procedures, identifying testing facilities and equipment to develop and deliver a product to market efficiently and effectively.
Oversee target setting and competitive bench marking for fuel economy, performance, andcapability, and drivability.
Oversee Coastdown methods and vehicle road load determination.
This is what you’ll need:
- Must have 2-4 years’ experience in automotive industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Motorsports Engineering, Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field.
- Understanding of Industry Standards (such as SAE) and Regulations (US, EU, and China) regarding vehicle fuel economy and emissions testing and labeling requirements.
- Demonstrated reliability and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep curiosity to understand the product and how the regulations may be applied.
- Experience with formal requirement management tools (Confluence, Jira, and Design Verification Plan and Report, etc.) preferred but not a must have.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across the Rivian organization as well as with external suppliers and vendors.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, CA or Plymouth, MI
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.