Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Manage safety performance deliverables within program development gates.
- Responsible for developing and ensure the virtual & physical DVP’s are executed.
- Drive the design by working cross functionally across the organization.
- Manage multiple resources across the Attributes Safety specialists by leading a safety team through all program phases, setting priorities & managing workload.
- As required by management & at program gates reviews, report-out vehicle safety performance status to the DVP.
- Balance all intended market applicable safety program requirements (compliance and safety rating) with other performance attributes.
- Relates to and understands test & simulations results used at all design & development phases, work cross functionally to root cause any crash performance for high speed, low speed, occupant injuries, restraint, crash sensing, interior head form, vulnerable road user, etc...
- Work with all various system owners to integrate vehicle safety requirements.
- Communicate issues / enablers to various engineering organizations including leadership.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering Accredited University.: Mechanical, Aero, Civil, Materials, Mechanics, Applied Physics.
- Demonstrable experience in managing a program for Vehicle Safety Integration.
- Fundamental engineering science knowledge as applied to vehicle structural engineering, occupant performance, restraint system design for reducing injury mechanisms and electrical safety fundamentals.
- An understanding of vehicle intended market regulations/protocols and ability to plan strategies & methodologies to ensure highest safety performance margins/ratings.
- FMVSS, US-NCAP, IIHS, ECE Regs, EuNCAP, RCAR, CNCAP, C_IASI
- Excellent organizational, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Experience working on multiple projects/platforms.
- Experience understanding simulation models to physical test data and being able to guide design through predictive analysis for all load-cases.
- Optimizing performance metrics to meet program goals.
- An understanding of component, sled, pedestrian & vehicle level crash testing required.
- Understanding and experience using CAE tools such as LS-DYNA, ANSA, PRIMER, ANIMATOR, HYPERWORKS an advantage.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.