Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Develop work plans and overseeing performance of general contractors, and occasionally directly to trade subcontractors and/or vendors
- Oversee the work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and overall conformance with the contract documents
- Project responsibility covers from concept (via Operations/Real Estate senior managers), design, construction, and operations (warranty & maintenance)
- Create contractor and vendor RFP documents (scope narratives, schedules, etc.), attend job walks and selection/award review meetings
- Establish and/or review contract documents and manage procurement, pre-bid conferences, and evaluations
- Coordinate activities with other Rivian staff, departments, and public agencies
- Resolve field construction problems in coordination with engineering staff, third parties, and other agencies as necessary
- Chair progress meetings, complete status reports, and deliver presentations, as required
- Recommend policy and procedure improvements
- Assist in negotiating with contractors regarding changes to design, construction work scope, and schedules
- Support a quality audit program, oversee contractor corrective actions, and ensure a quality project conforming to plans and specifications
- Monitor and/or resolve claims, suggest ways to mitigate impacts, and develop workarounds
- Support Rivian safety vision and comply with all safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience managing construction projects of similar size and complexity Lead projects “The Rivian way,” providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment, vision and teamwork.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and conflicts
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and provide leadership in the execution of complex, fast-paced and/or unorthodox construction projects
- Knowledge of theory, principles, and practices of engineering
- Knowledge of design-build project delivery methodology
- Ability to manage multiple project and issues effectively
- Ability to support and provide “customer service mentality” for multiple internal stakeholders effectively
- Ability to assess the operational effectiveness of contractors
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations
- Conduct meetings and provide effective leadership to project team members
- Develop and manage budgets within established parameters
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical materials accurately and effectively
- Effective in making objective decisions
- Knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with construction contractors, vendors, and consultants
- Demonstrated analytical skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.