Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Production release responsible for all of your engineering groups components. You will be measured against but not limited to; timing, cost, mass, attributes, release robustness, quality, design execution, Perceived Quality & craftsmanship.
- Responsible for component release to ETRS throughout the program lifecycle, including: concept design, supplier engagement, BOM management, systems requirements, simulation analysis, prototype builds, validation testing, and production support.
- Lead collaborative development of your commodity including interfaces across the business such as Studio Design, Attributes, Quality, Manufacturing, Commercial and customer experience teams.
- Lead all communication in and out of the project to ensure that the team are always informed to maximize efficiencies.
- Lead the relationship for your commodity with any outsource engineering support.
- As the Lead Project Engineer, you will take responsibility for all components on your assigned project within your engineering group.
- The scope of the role covers cradle to grave ownership from concept generation & initial project planning to implementation into Series Production.
- You will assume responsibility for the delivery of the engineering group budget. This will require detailed tracking of the commercial status of the project as well as organizing any commercial initiatives to drive cost savings.
- The candidate will work within a matrix organization whilst delivering towards project-based goals set by the program management team.
- You will lead a team of designers and design release engineers internally and externally to deliver industry leading products to strict project milestones.
- Deliver project goals to the program high level plan and Rivian Design Process.
- Maintain a detailed KPI tool to accurately define the health of the project at any given time.
- You will report to the Body Project Manager to be the eyes & ears for the delivery of the engineering group content for Body Closures.
- A detailed knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
- 5+ years experience of leading a team of engineers to deliver Body engineering content. Ideally, across multiple disciplines within Body Engineering.
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- A deep understanding of your commodity and the tradeoffs among design, package, function, production build and customer experience involved with these systems
- CAD design experience for your commodity including an excellent understanding of those systems & components which surround & interface to your commodity – Catia experience preferred but not required
- A strong understanding of the first-principle physics of your system – the loads, forces, overall function of the system and key attributes including knowledge of Body Engineering Simulation and Analysis tools and processes
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team – specifically this means active brainstorming, working on components that are not part of your commodity and sharing models as required to support the changing needs of an evolving vehicle and work environment
- Possess a detailed understanding of the manufacturing materials and processes utilized to produce your components
- Sound commercial and financial awareness.
- CATIA V5, PC literate and proficient with the use of MS Office products
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.