Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Ensure compliance to key regulatory, security and organizational policies and procedures
- Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to deliver the business value
- Define and establish right size processes to enable productive use of resources
- Design and deliver high quality, low cost solutions to meet business needs
- Have a strong understand of Supply Chain & Operations, Sales and Distribution and technical expertise to map the business requirements in Transportation Management.
- Strong understanding of Inbound and Outbound logistics processes for managing Components and finished goods shipping.
- Experience working with third party logistics is a plus
- Lead an internal teams of business analysts to build best in breed transportation management solutions.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with Business counterparts to help Business plan their long-term transportation management vision to life
- Successfully influences diverse groups and teams in a complex, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment to deliver value-added solutions.
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis.
- Effective working relationship with the business to ensure business requirements are accurately captured. Previous experience and knowledge with other large system deployments is a plus.
This is what you’ll need:
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization progressing forward (“not just motion”)
- Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Manages Conflict – Handles conflict situations effectively, with a win win mindset
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
- Solution Portfolio Management – Plans, prioritizes, sequences, and manages portfolio of work to maximize delivery of business value
- Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or Business
- Minimum 15 years of experience in SAP Supply Chain Management. Sales and Distribution Including five years’ experience with Transportation Management and at least two complete life cycles of implementing Transportation Management with various means and methods of Transportation Management (Rail, Ocean, Road and Air).
- Minimum 5 end-to-end SAP Transportation Management implementations, including project planning, estimation and solution architecture
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Transportation Management configuration and writing Transportation Management functional design documents
- Must have deep understanding of the Transportation Management cross functional integration points with order to cash, procure to pay process areas and third-party integrations
- A comprehensive understanding of the master data requirements to support Transportation Management functional processes
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience running requirements gathering sessions, fit/gap analysis, end user testing and go live support
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team
- Experience in Automotive and manufacturing industries is a plus
- Warehouse management experience is a strong plus.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Information Technology
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.