Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Primarily responsible for technical analysis and initial triage of field return parts
- Actively support definition of remanufacturing process, launch, ramp and future deployments
- Perform technical analyses, document issues, prioritize and escalate to the appropriate assignee
- Accurately and clearly communicate detailed steps taken to verify issues
- Support cross-functional teams to identify the true root cause of issues
- Perform part receiving tests, repairs and end of line tests – at all complexity levels
- Support campaign and containment activities
- Perform work in accordance with standard methods, while identifying continuous improvement opportunities that do not compromise quality or safety
- Embody a collaborative team spirit in an ever-changing environment – working with field service, production and product development teams to strengthening organizational learning
- Automotive Technology Degree, certification, or equivalent experience
- One to three years’ engineering technician, diagnostic technician or production experience
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical power transmission (gears, bearings, lash, lubrication, etc.) – knowledge of EV powertrains preferred
- Fundamental understanding of high and low voltage electrical circuits, including electric motors – knowledge of EV powertrains preferred
- Able to read electrical schematics and mechanical assembly drawings
- Strong organization skills
- Capability to be extremely detail oriented with the inclination to stop and consider the big picture where necessary
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to support alternate shifts
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.