Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Senior Lease Accountant will be responsible for understanding, analyzing and reporting leases within our Fixed Asset team. This individual will take part in month-end tasks including journal entries, account reconciliations, and various lease reports. The ideal candidate will be independent thinker who will be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
This is what you’ll do:
- Technical expert of ASC 842 to ensure internal and external financial reporting results for lease accounting are complete and accurate
- Prepare initial lease assessment for new leases (Finance/Operating)
- Assess the accounting impact of new, amended and terminated leases
- Responsible for month-end and quarter-end procedures, such as preparing journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Provide support to the Purchasing department for proper account coding
- Develop relationships within the business working closely with the Lease admin team and Accounting team
- Prepare footnotes and schedules for reporting
- Compile lease schedules and support for Internal/External auditors
- Help ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures
- Assist in various other routine and non-routine tasks as needed
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5 or more years of accounting experience; preferably working with leases
- High level of proficiency in PC Applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook; experience with SAP is a plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, independent thinker who will continuously look for ways to improve existing processes
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.