Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Architect, design and develop web applications used by employees and suppliers.
- Develop back end stack of web applications using AWS Appsync, AWS API Gateway, Lambda functions, DynamoDB, and Elastic search.
- Use AWS Amplify framework for designing, developing and deploying artifacts to various environments.
- Work with product manager and business folks to gather requirements and develop technical solutions.
- Collaborate with the team to develop React based UI components.
- Produce bullet proof code that is fault tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
- Work in agile teams in a collaborative manner
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders.
- Develop, share and enhance best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
this is what you’ll need:
- 4+ years in a software developer position.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly required
- Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL models.
- Problem-solving skills, and ability to take ownership of issues.
- Knowledge of software development technologies, processes, and tools (i.e., Agile software development).
- Knowledge of web services / RESTful APIs.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.