Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop toolsets to interrogate & manage engineering data within native systems through smart enterprise approved toolsets
- Kickstart internal business analytics team centering on engineering data & process KPIs
- Use experience to ensure correct architect applications and data within toolsets in order to maximize efficiency and usability.
- Drive application development within the Product Development Systems team with an initial focus on prototype vehicle development, later expanding to other systems and tools.
- Responsible for developing and deploying key reports and metrics enabling the enterprise to understand the status of different facets of a program
- Provide matched pair to enterprise IT, the voice for the business in business analytics conversations.
- Project manage wider initiatives with IT business analytics team to ensure delivery of product development requirements within enterprise applications
- Mentor and develop chain of direct reports
- Work to mature our modern data environment and develop tools and packages to accelerate our business
- Be a force for change in the organization and drive adoption of product development tools and processes
- Head up both Product Development’s Application Development team & Business Analytics teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering discipline, computer science, or equivalent STEM subject
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- Hands on experience in deploying systems, tools and processes within corporations
- Extensive experience in full stack application development
- Experience developing and deploying for cloud environments
- Experience working with modern analytics and data science tools and workflows
- Experience with infrastructure ETL tools
- Proficiency in data model architecting to suit application needs.
- Strong resilience and work ethic
- Experience in upskilling and running a team
- Happy when accountable for delivery
- Open minded, adventurous and curious mindset
- Collaborative & action driven approach
- Love data & whiteboards
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.