Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for an experienced system admin who can maintain and improve current production and dev/test Linux systems deployed across multiple datacenters, both on-premise and in the cloud.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work independently, and as part of a team, performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex Linux-based systems.
- Performs all duties of Linux administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Improve the current architecture to improve efficiency
- Apply higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution
- Work on Bare metal server of GPU rack and mount them in the server racks.
- Install new software, modules, or configuration changes from centralized management system
This is what you’ll need:
- 10 Years of Experience as Linux Administrator in a large corporate environment
- Create scripts to automate administration tasks or support installed applications.
- Strong experience with VMware ESXi planning, deployment, configuration, and administration of host systems and virtual machines
- Experience with NAS and SAN storage systems
- 5 years of experience in Python Scripting
- 8 years of experience in Bash scripting
- 3+ years using Redhat Satellite
- Participate in performing and leading technology build, test, and deployment activities
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate them effectively to other team members
- Have experience working with multiple GPU
- Experience in managing communication paths between multiple isolated networks
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of networking and CISCO switches.
- Experience with Ansible, AWX Dashboard for automation/orchestration.
- Experience with GPU virtualization, docker, Kubernetes, CUDA programming, CI-CD Pipeline, Cobbler, VMware
- Experience with supporting Linux VMs running in VMWare/AWS environment
- RHEL8 experience
- Experience with supporting Linux VMs running in Azure environment
- Experience with Ansible / Ansible Tower
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing and subnets
- Experience with iptables
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.