Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Customer experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful memories that our customers will love. This role requires a high level of energy, initiative, and deep understanding of the customer journey. To be successful in this role, you must have a customer-first approach, thrive in ambiguous and unexpected environments, tackling all challenges with a creative and flexible mindset. We’re looking for someone who loves people and is excited to take every opportunity to overdeliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our Rivian customers.
- Support new and existing customers in the wild as a Rivian product expert.
- Provide a world class new vehicle delivery experience and welcome new owners to the Rivian ownership journey including transporting vehicles to their final destination
- Execute local registration documents with customers during delivery ceremony
- Be resourceful, explore your curiosity, and ask questions to seek customer centric solutions to problems.
- Deliver demonstration experiences that are best-in-class, authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture
- Most importantly, your role as a product specialist is to connect with our customers on a deeper level, engaging in conversation to better understand who they are as individuals.
- Additional responsibilities as requested from the business
- At least 21 years of age
- 4+ years’ experience in customer service; previous EV experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain and pass DOT/driver qualification packet including drug testing and medical exam; possess an exceptional driving record
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Ability to complete driver training/car-hauling training and a road test within the first 30 days of employment
- Strong communicator who’s highly passionate and dynamic
- Ability to lift over 30lbs safely
- Ability to obtain notary commission if applicable
- Ability to support customers on nights and weekends; work a flexible schedule; overnight travel may be requested
- Desire to work in workplace that is employee centric and has a foundational focus on the environment and clean energy solutions
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.