Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Join the fastest growing Finance team in the automotive industry to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the financial planning/budgeting and monthly accrual processes
- Establish close working relationships with IT functional leadership to support decision making and budgetary reviews; identifying savings opportunities, project risk, and process improvements
- Partners with IT Leaders to support key technology transformations and to improve internal controls and processes
- Provide analysis and documentation while coordinating IT project prioritization, development and tracking of the IT Capital and Operating Expense budgets and forecasts
- Growing knowledge of the IT systems/software, processes/tools and data to drive accurate enterprise-wide appropriation of cost
- Reduce ambiguity and provide visibility in context of hyper-growth with financial reporting and variance analysis
- Support month-end management reporting, including accruals and variance analysis
- Conduct scenario and ad-hoc analyses and deliver timely recommendations
- Support for Accounting, Strategic Financial Planning, and Indirect Procurement
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1-2+ years of Corporate Finance experience or related experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance or Accounting; Master’s degree is a plus
- Knowledge of and advanced skills within Microsoft Excel
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results. Requires a high-energy individual who has excellent relationship building skills
- Must be a driver for constructive process and system change
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Corporate Services Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA or Plymouth, MI
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.