Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done – thoughtfully and sustainably.
The Business Operations Analyst role works to support the budgeting and operational needs of the Service organization. This will include meeting with various stake holders and leaders across the Service, Finance and Strategy organizations, compiling and evaluating different initiatives and highlighting the pros and cons of each strategy that the service organization can take. This role will also require excellent communication skills and the ability to present findings to upper management in a clear and concise manner.
- Analyze business goals, objectives, and needs
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Help plan and design business processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform research and analysis in support of operations
- Assist in resolving business issues using systems and data
- Estimate costs and benefits of multiple actions and/or solutions and provide recommendations
- Help launch new initiatives
- May perform additional projects upon request
- Minimum 5+ years as an analyst in a professional setting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- Previous experience building financial models and managing stakeholder assumptions
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence Tools such as Tableau
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related quantitative major
- MBA Preferred
- Previous experience in Management consulting firm, start-up or equivalent experience preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.