Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design, implement and support an analytical data infrastructure providing access to large datasets and computing power
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using API, SQL, ETL Tools and AWS Big Data related services
- Continuous research of the latest Big Data and visualization technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
- Creation and support of real-time data pipelines built on AWS technologies including EMR, Glue, Kinesis, Redshift/Spectrum and Athena
- Help continually improving ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for business
- Collaborate with other tech teams to implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich datasets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills
- 7-10 years of industry experience in software development, data architecture, data engineering, business intelligence, data science with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Strong understanding of all Big Data and Data Warehousing services offered by AWS
- Hands-on experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets using AWS S3, Glue, Kinesis, Kafka, SQS, Change data capture tools, Spark
- Experience in a query framework for business users and data scientists using Athena, APIs and spinning data science clusters
- Strong database experience in both Relational, Columnar, NOSQL & Timeseries databases like MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, DynamoDB, MongoDB, SQL Server, Druid etc.
- Strong hands-on experience in one or more programming languages like Java, Python, Scala
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Good knowledge of statistical models and data mining algorithms
- Experience using analytics & reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview etc.
- Understanding of business domains like Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing
- AWS certifications
- Degree/Diploma in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.