Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Operate 5 axis milling machines, cutting clay and foam models, parts, and molds
- Program tool cutter paths
- Prepare physical properties for milling by applying clay, cutting, and bonding foam, wood, plastics, metal, and other materials
- Accurately locate and secure models, parts, and molds to surface plates, tables, and other milling fixtures
- Operate forklift and other heavy lifting and moving equipment
- Devise solutions to new problems while quickly adapting to and executing change
- Champion innovation through process improvement and search for new equipment and materials
- Work in a clean and organized manner, maintaining a professional environment in the studio and shops
- Maintain inventory and procure tools and supplies using corporate procurement system
- Work in a team environment and always be willing to help others
- Adhere to all corporate health and safety procedures
- 3 to 5+ years of experience operating 5 axis CNC milling machines
- 3+ years programming tool cutter paths using TPI CAM, Tebis, Autodesk Fusion 360 or equivalent
- Experience using metal and wood shop equipment and tools
- Strong technical and mechanical ability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work occasional non-standard hours to ensure time sensitive jobs are completed on time
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills
- Strong leadership skills including the desire to mentor and coach
- Computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, etc.)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Operate Tarus specific 5 axis CNC milling machines
- Operate 3 axis CNC milling machines and program tool cutter paths
- Model Maker
- Worked in an automotive design studio
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.