Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will be part of a team of engineers involved in the selection, design, development and system level validation of key sensors deployed in Rivian vehicles. This is a critical role as these sensors will serve as providers of input to the autonomous driving systems.
- Partnering with other product related organizations to distill the requirements
- Working with your team to flush out detailed specifications of all components integrated as part of the perception inputs to the vehicle
- Designing and developing sensors like RADAR, MEMS, IMU etc. as required
- System integration of these sensors into on-vehicle ECUs
- Understanding of functional safety requirements of the various modalities
- Working with supply chain to get these manufactured or procured per specification as needed
- Monitoring the performance of the sensors in the field and refining the design
- Advanced degree ( MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, EECE or related field
- In depth experience with various sensing modalities such as radar, ultrasonics and lidar
- In depth experience with the design and/or deployment of such technologies
- Strong understanding of radio frequency design
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing
- Understanding of automotive requirements
- Understanding of autonomous vehicle requirements
- Understanding of deep learning techniques and their impact on sensors
- Experience developing radar based systems
- Experience with contract manufacturing and supply chains
- Experience working on high volume products
- Experience working in aggressive design environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.