Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop and Implement Network Operation Center (NOC) and Major Incident Management (MIM) processes and procedures
- Restore affected services quickly and efficiently with minimal impact to the end-users by ensuring that critical incidents are managed effectively and professionally
- Lead the end to end process for incident resolution and ensure that the right groups are involved in the resolution of the incidents
- Coordinate resources and activities during outages and communicate incident information and impact to the customers, business partners, and senior management
- Manage the daily activities of the NOC and MIM team and assist the team in following the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices
- Explain complex problems and situations to the technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop, Track, Report, and Improve Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Train, coach, and mentor the NOC and MIM team in delivering a world-class end-user experience by restoring regular services quickly
- Provide inputs and adhere to the End User Computing policies (including desktop group policies), standards, and procedures for hardware and software
- Works with other IT, Application, and Operations teams to perform root cause analysis (RCA), acting as a problem manager
- Proactively ensures the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability through network tools monitoring
- Perform daily system/network monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Manage escalations at the NOC and MIM group and act as a single point of contact for the IT senior leadership team, business stakeholders, and other IT groups
- Plan and address NOC & MIM staffing needs to deliver consistent IT Support
- Ensure that the NOC analysts are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, metrics, and provide effective customer service
- Participate in additional technology initiatives as required
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels
- Collaborate with members of the information security, network, application, and cloud teams to ensure consistent IT services to our business users
- Look to improve all aspects of the NOC and MIM functions continually
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 8-10 years (or relative) in a NOC and Major Incident Manager role, where you learned the nuances of IT Support
- At least 4-5 years experience of managing the global NOC and Incident Management team – hiring, coaching, and reviewing the staff
- Bachelor’s degree
- ITIL Foundation Certification (must be ready to obtain within 90 days if not certified)
- Knowledge and experience of using network monitoring tools (eM7, Solarwinds, ServiceNow, Splunk, Cisco DNAC etc.), network equipment, log analysis, network attach techniques, and packet-level tools experience is a must
- Hands-on experience with ITIL and ITSM processes
- Experience in leading a global team to provide 24x7x365 services
- Knowledge and understanding of business-critical applications/systems, servers (Linux, Windows), Cloud systems, and collaboration platforms
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can.
- Experience with the standard helpdesk ticketing tools (Preferably ServiceNow and Jira)
- Ability to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Vendors, Suppliers, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.