Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead and grow middleware software team in Rivian self-driving group
- Lead end-2-end software development process, ensure teams deliver high quality production code that is safe, well architected, fast, reliable, and testable
- Lead software designs, conduct coding reviews, and unblock all technical difficulties for your team
- Work with your team, Technical Project Managers and external stakeholders to build, prioritize and execute against an engineering roadmap
- Conduct performance reviews, identify top performers, and support their growth into Technical Leadership
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience managing teams who have shipped and support software products
- 10+ years’ experience as a software engineer delivering results within large-scale, safety-critical project environments
- Experience in automotive or robotics software development
- Experience in ROS/ROS2 or similar software development
- Experience in working with DDS middleware
- Familiar with embedded software development environment
- Familiar with software development on Linux, RTOS(QNX, FreeRTOS, etc.) and windows platforms
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Test automation tool selection and execution experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
- Self-motivated individual
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.