Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead and grow the visualization software team in self-driving group
- Own the design, develop and deploy of visualization tool and framework for self-driver group
- Ensure teams deliver high quality production code that is safe, well architected, fast, reliable, and testable
- Work with your team, Technical Project Managers and external stakeholders to build, prioritize and execute against an engineering roadmap
- Conduct performance reviews, identify top performers, and support their growth into Technical Leadership
- Be a hands-on lead. Familiar with self-driving visualization software development
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience managing teams who have shipped and support software products
- Proven experience in developing real-time visualization tools for self-driving system
- Experience in present large data sets on web in a fast and efficient way
- Strong understanding of common Web technologies, languages and frameworks
- Proven hands-on coding skills with C++ and Python
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Self-motivated individual
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.