Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Ensure gateway deliverable compliance for the Testing and Development Team
- Be the Program/Technical expert who supports all technical delivery, design reviews, concept definition and resolution of all Testing and Development Engineering/Project concerns
- Drive resolution of critical issues in the CR system using Proactive Problem Solving methodology
- Track completion of engineering documentation to allow on-time pre-production build and test timing
- Represent functional team in high level meetings; support program meeting; run internal team meeting for cross-functional communication.
- Act as the main point of contact of the Testing and Development team to the program team
- Lead resolution of cross-functional issues as a representative of the Testing and Development team
- Ensure T&D timing plans support the overall program timing
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical degree
- Demonstrated program management experience
- 10+ years’ experience in Automotive vehicle builds and vehicle testing
- Understand automotive components, systems and sub-systems and how they interact
- Ability to solve problems quickly in a dynamic work environment with aggressive timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a cross-functional team
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior Management
- The ability to work independently, and to coach and mentor others.
- Have demonstrated excellent leadership of major projects through their successful delivery from concept to production
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional departments both internally and externally
- Energy & curiosity to make things happen, seek out solutions and represent a world class brand
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.