Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Champion vehicle OTA feature, owning the current implementation and driving future improvements from ideation to implementation.
- Lead the architecture design and technical execution for end-to-end OTA functionality.
- Define technical solutions that meet the functional requirements, in addition to Security, Safety, and Performance targets.
- Decompose the product requirements into components, interfaces, dynamic behaviors, and resource consumption targets.
- Support and review the software and hardware design, implementation and test cases
- Coordinate the roll out and integration of new capabilities.
- Work with test and integration engineers to ensure full test coverage is defined and implemented for robust OTA execution.
- Define and drive logging improvements which will be used to diagnose any issues that arise.
- Work with other organizations across the company to drive improvements to the fleet management tools and strategy.
- Define and maintain a record of released software versions and the subset of the fleet for which they are applicable.
- Including any dependencies and backward/forward compatibility details.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or
- related field.
- 5+ years of experience working on embedded software platforms. Remote update capability preferred.
- Strong organizational skills able to keep all stakeholders informed and engaged throughout project life cycle.
- Software development experience. Able to read/debug code, familiar with Git, Jira, and software development lifecycle.
- Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute against the plan with minimal guidance.
- Ability to multitask and apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results.
- Good communication, able to convey both detailed explanations and high level status updates and know when each is appropriate.
- Automotive, CAN, Ethernet experience a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.