Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Create Big Data Solutions with high volumes & variety of data from business applications and machines
- Collaborate with other technology teams to implement a framework of tools and technologies to ingest high volume of data to support data science and machine learning.
- Solve complex analytical requirements using software engineering tools.
- Implement tools and technologies to provide data governance – data catalog and lineage.
- Used case-based implementation of Graph Databases, Time Series Databases, Elastic Search and NOSQL
- Create data applications with ability to do searches, real time data alerts, APIs to pull the data on a large volume of data.
- Build data applications to provide real-time data alerts & high throughput analytics
- Strong communication and leadership & collaboration skills.
- Passion for Software & data engineering, pioneering data technologies and architecture. Ability to understand complex business problems and provide software solutions.
- 8-10 years of experience in building petabyte scale data platforms and Big Data architecture using AWS services & open-source technologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience in using AWS & open-source services like Glue, Spark Kinesis/Kafka, S3, Athena, Sagemaker
- Hands-on experience in one or more programming languages like Java, Python, Scala.
- Real-life production experience in creating architectural framework and tools for Data Science teams to build, train & scale machine learning models.
- Strong hands-on experience with NOSQL, Timeseries, Graph, Columnar and Relational databases.
- Understanding of data catalog solutions like Alation, Collibra, Atlas
- Experience in building CI/CD framework for the data teams
- Bachelors/Masters in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.