Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This position will oversee all aspects of Launch Quality and Product Excellence for multiple vehicle production and prototype builds
· Establish launch and post launch objectives with engineering, manufacturing and supplier quality to deliver an ever-improving exceptional vehicle
· Work with engineering, manufacturing, and the supply base to ensure on time delivery · Determine, track, and deliver key KPI’s in conjunction with a cross functional team to deliver high quality product launches
· Manage continuous product improvement priorities based on external and customer feedback · Support the build in quality High Performance Team within manufacturing
· Lead a team to support all minor launches as well as continuous improvement change control · Lead product launch initiatives to meet timing and crafted quality milestones and objectives
· Champion product improvement initiatives across multiple vehicle functions that can have regional or global focus in a variety of service settings
· Lead teams to establish and monitor customer/supplier relations, support strategic planning and deployment initiatives
· Help develop measurement systems to determine organizational improvement Motivate and evaluate staff to manage projects and resources.
· BS degree in Science/ Engineering/ Management or qualified in related field
· Four-year technical degree
· Strong statistical knowledge and a vision of a well-run team
· 8-15 years’ experience with a variety of engineering and quality disciplines
· Knowledge of AIAG, APQP and related tools to meet program milestones
· Willingness to work in a cross functional environment
· Ability to collaborate with engineering, manufacturing and suppliers
· Comfortable working in a manufacturing / production environment
· Certified Quality Manager, Certified Quality Engineer or 6-Sigma Black Belt preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.