Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Greet and assess visitors at entry points. You will be the first line of security to welcome everyone who comes through the door.
- Perform Security Measures, such as managing the visitor management system or an entry log, and perform COVID associated tasks.
- Administer and control building access and check-in procedures. Issue badges for guests and employees while asking questions of people who seem out of place.
- Maintain situational awareness and command presence in your assigned area.
- Strategically respond to security issues as needed.
- Partner with various facility stakeholders to resolve security incidents and improve the security posture of the site.
- Report and troubleshoot problems while remaining calm, be well-versed on what to do if a potentially unwanted situation arises.
- Communicate pertinent information to the SOC in a timely manner.
- Integrity and professionalism
- 3+ years of security, law enforcement, or military experience
- A high degree of organization, prioritization and awareness with the ability to multitask efficiently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (formal training in verbal de- escalation preferred)
- Competent in Microsoft Office and security related access control software
- Able to interact with staff of all levels, in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work all shifts, including nights and weekends
- Be 18 years or older with a valid Driver’s License, capable of standing/walking duration of shift
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.