Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Help keep all employees in-the-know on important items like benefits, performance management, learning and development opportunities, DEI initiatives, talent acquisition, and other key People (HR)-related programs
- Partner with our CPO and People leadership team to identify and launch employee engagement opportunities
- Enable our growing People team with the skills they need to effectively communicate to the company
- Show (not tell) our global employee stories, regardless of where they are on the map
- Engage your storytelling skills to thread the People/employee story to the broader Rivian narrative
- Alongside the Head of Internal Communications, develop, define, and implement communication standards so the story we tell is consistent across the company
This is what you’ll need:
- 7+ years in employee or internal communications
- Skills to distill complex HR-speak into resonant, easy-to-understand content
- Experience with driving internal and employee-focused communications at a growing organization (experience at multi-site and multi-national companies is a plus)
- Excellent writing and editing skills: you are known for crossing T’s and dotting I’s
- You’ve told stories through a variety of mediums: whether they’re in-person events, virtual settings, or in writing
- Ability to consider the bigger picture and possess the willingness to get into the specifics when needed
- Can overcome nerves to navigate crisis and challenging situations
- Super organized: you have checklists for your checklists and can think 10 steps ahead
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.