Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Senior Finance Manager of Decision Support is charged dramatically increasing the percentage of decisions that are informed by world-class financial analysis. The Decision Support team is charged with four primary objectives:
- Analysis Center of Excellence (COE): partners with Product Development Finance, Operations Finance, Facilities Finance, and Corporate Services Finance to ensure that every business case completed by a member of Finance conforms to the same high standard of technical acumen, uses a consistent and appropriate set of centrally managed assumptions, and is reasonably complete and exhaustive; acts as a resource for these business-partnering Finance teams when a member needs technical assistance with an analysis; creates and promulgates central assumptions, such as different hurdle rates for different kinds of decisions/projects and intangible cost mnemonics.
- Corporate Opportunities Register: aggregates all relevant metrics for every business case completed anywhere in Finance into a central repository or system to systematically rank Rivian's potential uses of capital.
- Co-Facilitate Sourcing Councils: serve as corporate secretary/chief of staff for the corralling of financial information at Sourcing Councils (spending authorization committees), ensuring that every proposal before any council has financial context; the Corporate Opportunities Register will be instrumental in providing context to Rivian's respective Sourcing Councils so investment decisions are not made in isolation.
- Peak Analysis Support: provides ad-hoc support to business-partnering Finance teams during periods of unusually high analysis demand or during periods when business-partnering Finance teams are focused on critical budgeting/forecasting cycles; the Decision Support team should be ready and capable to create an analysis from concept to final approval for any part of the business.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- At least 4 years of experience in a financial analysis role, and two years of experience managing financial analysts
- At least two of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- CFA, FRM, and/or CPA or foreign accountancy equivalent
- Strong change management experience and skills
- Familiarity with software landscape for the tools that will be helpful for the four systems outlined above
- Strong task management skills for leading system vendor selections, requirements definitions, and implementations
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Intellectual curiosity to drive the detailed understanding business performance, decision making, and communication
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skills required
- Strong financial modeling (e.g., Excel power user), spreadsheet, and presentation skills
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Palo Alto, CA, Irvine, CA, or Plymouth, MI
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.