Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this role, the camera image quality engineer will drive the development of best-in-class camera systems for deployment in Rivian vehicles. This is a high impact role as these camera systems serve all aspects of autonomy, driver assistance and driver convenience. The camera image quality engineer would be a highly competent imaging engineer, as well as having good working knowledge of optics, CMOS image sensor, mechanical design, and module manufacturing process.
- Partner with other product related organizations to distill the product requirements.
- Develop detailed specifications of all components including sensors, lenses, and housing.
- Work with supply chain to get the components manufactured per specification.
- Design lab test protocols and image quality metrics for lens, sensor, and module evaluation.
- Monitor the performance of the cameras in the field and refining the design.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Optics, or related fields.
- · Experience driving camera system definition.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of camera technology including sensor technology, lens technology, optics, and Image Signal Processors (ISP).
- Experience developing image quality metrics and test protocols.
- Proficient in Matlab and/or Python programming
- Understanding of automotive requirements
- Understanding of autonomy requirements
- Understanding of AI driven requirements of vision
- Camera module development experience
- Experience with contract manufacturing and supply chains
- Experience working on high volume products
- Ability to work under time pressure.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Be an innovative problem solver.
- Have a fine eye for detail, yet the ability to ‘zoom out’ and see the big picture.
- Be a strong and effective communicator.
- Be able to work independently, under your own initiative.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.