Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead a highly skilled technical team of systems, storage, and HCI engineers to support the rapid growth of Rivian
- Develop, mentor, and manage a highly effective team to deploy, monitor, and maintain the on-prem datacenter infrastructure while working shoulder-to-shoulder with the public cloud support and DevOps team.
- Report to the Director, IT Hosting Services responsible for hybrid-cloud engineering and support leading the on-premises compute and storage services
- You will oversee the end-to-end engineering, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of all server platforms to ensure optimum health and performance
- You will manage all HCI clusters, including engineering, rollout, maintenance, and capacity management
- You will oversee imaging, patching, backups, logging, monitoring, and compliance of all compute and storage systems
- Effectively maintain asset inventory, capacity planning, and environmental health of all datacenters
- Ensure compliance to key regulatory, security and organizational policies and procedures
- Manage financials for achieving lowest TCO for the hosting services portfolio
- Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to deliver the services
- Define and establish right size processes to enable productive use of resources
This is what you'll need:
- 5+ years of managing a high-performance team of systems engineers
- 5+ years of experience in HCI, preferably vxRail and/or Nutanix
- 5+ years managing a distributed team within a 5000+ employee global organization
- Experience with datacenter management, co-location facilities, and/or manufacturing environments
- Extensive experience with NAS/SAN storage and backup/data management solutions
- Deep knowledge of platforms engineering, including Windows and Linux systems
- Experience with patching, logging, monitoring, and automation to maintain the health and security of compute, storage, and datacenter systems
- Experience with on-prem datacenter infrastructure: compute, storage & backup, LB, virtualization, HCI, and more
- Attracts & Manages top talent – Attracts, selects, and motivates best talent to meet current and future needs of the organization. Builds a high performing team.
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
- Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.